RE: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans
From: Jeremy Davey <europaflyer3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:31:15

>>> "Shouldn't", I can't believe you guys -  what a bunch self serving,
>>> opportunistic, crap. Instead of working together to get through this,
>>> until someone buys the company, "let's scare everyone into sending in
>>> their 25 bucks" . Brilliant!.
>>> The basic translation of your email is:
>>> We intend to control access to suppliers, vendors, and information.
>>> Pay-up or you can't finish your project.
>>> The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves .....

OK, deep breath.... keep temper... don=92t get mad...!!! How on earth did my
email get translated as "control access to suppliers, vendors and
information", or "let's scare everyone into sending in their 25 bucks"????
I've just spent my weekend as a volunteer at the PFA Rally meeting and
talking with a bunch of really great people who love Europas and flying
them, discussing possible solutions to the problems at the Factory, and yes,
giving up my time for free to help 'the cause' of cheaper, more enjoyable
flying. Having collapsed in bed for the last hour, I thought I'd check my
emails before turning off the light and found your response.

Steve, no-one is compelling anyone to do anything. I'm really, really
offended that you think I'm trying to do that. Birth, death and taxes are
mandatory, Club membership is not. I just think everyone in the Europa world
will be much better off if we all work together, and I hope you'll
reconsider the meaning of my email and your opinion of it. If you wish to
work on your own, please go ahead, I have no problem with that!

Perhaps "shouldn=92t" wasn't the best word, but all I was trying to say was
that if anything the Club can do is going to cost money, it shouldn=92t be the
case that only some of the beneficiaries pay for it. I offer everyone my
time for free and I don=92t intend to change that - my contributions to the
cause there are the Club website, my efforts to resolve many of the
Engineering and management issues at the PFA, and my time at the Rally to
educate others on the joys of composite work and encourage them to consider
it as an alternative to wood or metal. That doesn=92t mean to say I think I
should put my hand in my pocket to pay for someone else's aeroplane.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey

Europa Monowheel 537M G-EZZA

Tail done
Standard XS wings awaiting mods and closing
CM ready for installation in fuse (with airbrakes fittings), but holding off
while I do a load of small jobs first
1100 build hours to date

Intended fit:
Rotax 914 turbo, Airmaster CS fully-feathering prop
Lots of lights, buttons, switches, gizmos, and alarms