Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:57:57

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Davey" <europaflyer_3@msn.com>

| "Perhaps in the interim that the Europa club can establish direct links to
| the suppliers to the company in order to help us complete our projects."
|
| Brian,
|
| A fair question! I just want to make a couple of comments. DaveBuzz is
going
| to put the Club statement produced today out on the Forum at his first
| opportunity. And at this stage where things are very fluid, nothing has
been
| ruled out by the Club - the important thing is that you be a member. I
would
| encourage everyone out there who is not a member to join - the Club can't
| (shouldn=92t!!) help you if you're not a member, and we need to act
together
| as one body to ensure the best for the Europa.
|
| (One small admin item which I know worries some of our American cousins
who
| have not had experience of these things: overseas members can use credit
| cards to avoid the hassle of currency exchange, 15 pounds works out at
about
| 25 bucks at the moment.)
|
| http://www.europaclub.org.uk/ for more details.
|
| Cheers,
| Jeremy

Cheers,
    I heartily agree with the sentiments expressed above. Membership in the
club predates later alternatives which evince no solidarity in support of
the common health of us builders. I have found it more productive than any
other source but only wish it had the extensive facilities of websites which
followed - and which are helpful as well.
    It was that difference to which I alluded when a second site appeared.
The "English" is no more applicable to the Europa Club than the "U.S." is to
the Forum because each is universal in substance. At the speed of light, who
cares where the site is? Thus, your technical service source might be in
Bombay!
Ferg