Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans
From: Gerry Holland <gnholland@onetel.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:53:34

Steve Hi!

> "Shouldn't", I can't believe you guys -  what a bunch self serving,
> opportunistic, crap. Instead of working together to get through this,
> until someone buys the company, "let's scare everyone into sending in
> their 25 bucks" . Brilliant!.
> The basic translation of your email is:
> We intend to control access to suppliers, vendors, and information.
> Pay-up or you can't finish your project.
> The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves .....

As I understood things the Europa Club with a membership of approximately
600 was suggested as a point of contact and to provide a focus of solidarity
when trying to work with Suppliers and Vendors whist the future of Europa
manufacture and service was still uncertain. That was for all including
those Europa's flying, near to flying and especially others with incomplete
kits. The idea was to increase the number of Members to represent as many as
possible of those affected, all of us at some maybe. I think with respect
that gaining $25.00 for new members is a nonsense as too is control of
access to Vendors and others as exclusive to Club. In the interests of even
handedness I can see why you feel strongly on this as the word 'shouldn't'
was probably a little blunt at this early stage of the 'Europa problem'.

Can we all relax a little. My concerns are for those who have no Kit or only
a partial kit and feel pretty low at the moment with nothing other than a
significant loss of money to show regarding their Europa.

Regards

Gerry