Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans

Subject: Re: Europa-List: RE: US office & Oshkosh Plans
From: Andrew Sarangan <andreweuropa@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 14:23:11

Steve, I understand the reasons for your sentiments,
but the I don't think the club is trying to scare
people into joining. I am not even a member, but I do
plan on joining. If there is interest in forming
another club to support US builders, I would join that
too. There is power in numbers. If the company
disappears (which I hope is not going to be the case),
 having a large organization will give us the strength
to negotiate with suppliers and get the parts we need.
I doubt the suppliers will entertain requests for
parts if each builder called them up one by one. It is
not like someone is getting rich by having a large
membership base, so there is no profit motive to
promoting the club. $25 is a still small price to pay
to have someone speak on our behalf to the Europa
management and the suppliers.

=====
Andrew Sarangan
http://www.geocities.com/asarangan