Re: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:33:42

Tony;

In the build process, we installed the Ray Allen control stick grip with 4
button
switches on top, and the push to talk button on the front of the grip. The fore
and aft buttons have the elevator trim. the left and right buttons have the
aileron trim.

We have almost 500 hr. on this set up and and for me, I would not have it any
other way. The ability of being able to trim with my hand on the stick as
opposed
to using a rocker switch on the panel in turbulence is worth its weight in gold.
In a go- around situation re-triming the a/c from landing trim to full power
climb, is a matter of holding down a button on the stick, rather than having to
move one of my hands to a rocker switch.

These are just my thoughts on  this thread....

Regards

Jim Brown
N398JB