RE: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim
From: David DeFord <davedeford@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:54:11

The trim buttons on top of the stick are better than anything I have used in
other airplanes.  I have never had a problem with inadvertently pressing the
switches with maps, etc., resting on the stick.  The grip in N135TD has two
raised buttons on the forward edge, in addition to the four flush-mounted
trim switches.  (We use these buttons to control a home-brew instrument that
includes a variometer, G-meter, fuel gauge, OAT, flight timer, etc.)  They
might help to keep foreign objects off of the trim switches, even if they
were not needed for control functions.

The only anomaly I know of with the Europa trim system is its asymmetry: the
useful range seems to be limited to the lower (nose down) half of the range
of travel.

Dave DeFord
N135TD