RE: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim

Subject: RE: Europa-List: 4 position rocker switches for trim
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:30:54

Dave,
Thanks very much for the advice. I have not heard much positive about the trim
unit. I know it is quite powerful. I do however want to keep my options open as
to what type of stick grip I use. My friend here in Sydney has trim on the
stick, and also pitch on the left/right buttons. I can't get my head around it,
or not at least without much thought. I wish the stick grips came with 2 lots
of button heads in 2 vertical rows. This setup would suit the pitch and the
trim. They obviously could easily do it, as the switchgear is within the grip,
only the position of the holes would have to change, supposing the switchgear
underneath had no conflict. I think I need to give this some more thought. I
recently had Graham Singleton staying with me here in Sydney and he thinks the
stick mounted trim could have been contributory to his accident. I thought
consequently that I would put it on the dash, or at least near the throttle
somewhere. Do you feel the stick is a good place?
Reg
Tony Renshaw