Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Ground Handling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Ground Handling
From: hedley brown <hedley@hedleybrown.flyer.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:59:09

Tony, in your article about cross-wind landing you mention the use of the
outrigger to prevent weathercocking. If the upwind wing is lowered, surely
that will turn the plane towards the wind, thus WORSENING the
weathercocking. If, on the other hand, one were to lower the downwing wing,
while it might straighten the 'plane up, we would be in the windward wing
high situation which is fraught with hazard. My reaction to al this is to
try to keep the wings level right through the maneuvre.... am I wrong?.... H