RE: Europa-List: Monowheel Ground Handling

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Monowheel Ground Handling
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 06:45:03

If the wind is strong enough that the plane is going to weathercock on
takeoff you should be sitting in your armchair.

What I was trying to get across was that the into wind outrigger
actually helps the situation where you hold the aileron into wind at the
commencement of the takeoff roll.

I'll remove the word weathercocking from my description. Since writing
it I've handled a wind that was stronger that I would ever consider
normal to land in but had no option but to put the plane on the ground.
At no stage during the landing or taxy stage did the aircraft show any
desire to weathercock or misbehave.

Tony