Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:25:01

I had the same problem and asked Neville at Europa for a fix.
He suggested to grind a little off the shoulder at the end of
the pin. This helped a lot. I also put a slight chamfer on the
spar bushes. It is still a tight fit and I have to use a hammer
with a piece of wood to tap it in.
I have made removal a lot easier by pushing a piece of rubber
oil hose onto the existing handle, thus I can use all fingers
for a strong pull.

Hope that helps,  Karl  Heindl