Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module
From: Ron Parigoris <rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:15:06

Hey craig ellison

"Ron do you have a name of the lapping compound you mentioned."

 Fron Cat. 108:

#4781A4  is for a 1 pound can for soft metals. it is $20.83

It is on page #2474

They also have some for Hard metals  PN #4781A6

The page reads:

These compounds work like magic, they change from an abrasive to a
polish during use and then finally become inert. They're guarenteed not
to embed in any metal surface. Perfect for fitting and smoothing the
bearing or contact surface or rotating, ossolating and sliding parts.

Furnish as a powder to mix with oil. A thin machine oil (SAE 10 or 20)
or heavier gear oil can be used. compound does not contain harsh
abrasives.

Soft-Metal grade is for fitting bearings, brass valves, bronze fittings
and gears, and soft metal guides. Use on Babbit, Brass, Bronz and
Aluminium.

Anyway i will be glad to send you some to give a try. I also have some
Lard cutting oil that is perfect for mixing.

Send me a self adressed postage paid box, with a 4 oz container that
won't leak for the oil, I will put the compound in a zip lock bag.
figure add additional 8 oz for contents.

send to:

Ron Parigoris
44 Carriage Drive
Kings Park NY 11754