RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module
From: Richard <riddon@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:30:54

I had a similar problem. Everything lined up perfectly until I fitted the
wing lift/drag sockets.  After cure & removing the wings, it became very
difficult to insert the spar pins on next fitting. I eventually used a
1/2in. reamer and everything went together nicely but it did leave me with a
little play in the starboard seat back pin bush.  Apart from this, when the
wings are rigged, the whole shooting match is very solid and firm.  I asked
the factory whether I should replace the bush and was told that a little
play was quite acceptable, in fact they were considering ovalising the holes
a little to allow the spars to flex a bit so I have left them as they were.

Cheers

Richard Iddon. G-RIXS