RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:33:39

The spar bushings are black anodized aluminum :) but I removed them entirely
rather than ream to fit, which I had tried first, but it was necessary to
remove entirely too much material to make things go together.  Removal of
any amount of material will likewise remove the surface treatment (anodize)
the real consequence of which will be to remove the harder aluminum oxide,
an abrasion resistant material.  If so much aluminum is removed to affect
the strength of the bushing the fit would have been really bad!

The early North American kits were numbered in sequence with the UK (and
elsewhere) kits, but later kits that were shipped to the colonies are
identified with the "A" preceding a unique serial number sequence.  For
example, Kim Prout's N111EU was S/N 111.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070