Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trouble fitting wing spars to cockpit module
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 10:44:48

John, I think the dummy spar supplied now has changed but with my kit, no
402 the dummy spar changed dimension significantly on getting damp or drying
out and the consequence was that my wings would not rig even with the help
of a hammer! The solution (arrived at with the help of Andy Draper) is
however fairly simple. You can readily remove one of the cockpit module
bushes by applying heat to it and then bond it in again with the position
determined by a new dummy spar drilled to fit the wing spar bushes
precisely. To avoid melting the whole seat back I jammed a 1/2 inch metal
tube into the bush and blew hot air down it with a heat gun until the bush
became loose. David Joyce