Door latch push rods

Subject: Door latch push rods
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:43:29

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Rickard" <ian.iicons@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Door latch push rods

> What I can confirm is that John Tempest, Deputy Chief Engineer with  the
PFA> in the UK, is strongly against installing a centre pin.  He feels that
this > significantly weakens the sill.  This combined with possible damage
---From > clumsy exit/entry would render the structure inadequate in the event
of a > crash. All
All
It is too bad your "Chief Engineer" can take a look at what he is talking
about.  He should see my third shoot bolt.  I am sure it is stronger now
than before.  People tend to be skeptical of things they did not think up
themselves.  I am very glad I only have the FAA to please. If the PFA was
allowed to govern my building,  it would be ten years before I would get to
fly. Cliff
Easy, easy. Perhaps he shouldn't see a third bolt - it's all in the wording.
If the inspector is wrong, we're all OK. If you are wrong, you die. It seems
pretty fair to me. Lord save us from experts in someone else's business.
        What's wrong with trying to satisfy both regimes?
Ferg