Re: Door latch push rods

Subject: Re: Door latch push rods
From: Alexander P. de C. Kaarsberg <kaarsber@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 11:41:24
If broaching the sill is not desirable, one could fit the 1/2 ball on
the sill and make the hole in the door....
Another method I've been thinking about is to fit a small wedge shaped
ramp on the inboard side of the sill edge and have a sliding plate that
picks up fore and aft movement from the door handle or from the pushrod
inside the door.
Both methods involves cutting holes in the door, except the latter when
attached to the handle itself and then you get an unsightly rod from
handle to slider.
The slider could be doubling as a door handle to pull the door in with a
latching arrangement releasing on contact with the sill and allowing the
slider to pivot down onto the ramp....I have not fitted the windows yet,
but find it difficult to imagine how I am going to be able to pull the
door in enough for the pins to engage in the frame.
It may become a bit too intricate to make up and I might just make a
handle on the door that pivots to clasp the sill.

Alex  #529.