Re: Door latch push rods

Subject: Re: Door latch push rods
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:03:24

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaus Dietrich" <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
> if you build precisely and if you bond the cut out for the door mechanisme
> back in place (as per the manual), your door will be sufficiently stiff
and
> no in-flight-bulging/opening will happen.
        I agree.
> However it's good idea  to stiffen the lower frame (as advised by Nigel
> Graham) with 2-3 layers of bid or glassing a small wedge in the radius,
> because this area really gets bent (especially when passengers step on the
> frame when entering the plane...)
        I stiffened the lower frame by cutting 3mm ply to make a small
bulkhead in the space between the headrest and the lower sill. Before
fitting the bulkheads the paint cracked in a horizontal lines about one inch
below the sill in the centre of the frame, but since fitting them there has
been no cracking in this area.
        Roger. G-BXTD.