Re: Door latch push rods

Subject: Re: Door latch push rods
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:30:59

>Regardless of this mod I note that the lower frame tends to twist slightly
>when weight is put on it when entering and exiting. To this end it might be
>worth stiffening this area by either glassing in electrical trunking or
>just bracing between the inner edge and the fuselage wall.
>
>Nigel Charles

Nigel
I agree it is certainly worth boxing the side rails to resist the
inevitable flexing when climbing in and out. This would help to replace the
strength removed by drilling a hole in the door frame. Bending loads place
the stress at the inside and outside edges anyway, there is no load at the
centre of a properly made beam. Must discuss it with FD.
Gtraham