Re: Door latch push rods

Subject: Re: Door latch push rods
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:47:13
if you build precisely and if you bond the cut out for the door mechanisme
back in place (as per the manual), your door will be sufficiently stiff and
no in-flight-bulging/opening will happen.

I have now 600hrs + and no problem with the standard door as per the build
manual (tested up to Vne; no draft whatsoever)

However it's good idea  to stiffen the lower frame (as advised by Nigel
Graham) with 2-3 layers of bid or glassing a small wedge in the radius,
because this area really gets bent (especially when passengers step on the
frame when entering the plane...)

Klaus