Re: Door latch push rods

Subject: Re: Door latch push rods
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:34:58
Hi! Ferg.
If the side of the fuselage is bowing out surely such a pin/ball arrangement
retaining it in a straight line will enhance the doors' "STRUT" type
strength, especially if you adequately re-enforce around the structurally
important door sill  with say 4 ply's off well applied bid and a "blind"
aluminium bush reduxed into place. Unfortunately I don't know whether the
sill is a "strut" or a "tie" but IMHO the resultant combination of the door
,latches and sill must surely be structurally more desirable than with no
intermediary and  bowed doors (Like mine but not had the time or priority
yet!)? And with regards the "togetherness" in the event of a prang I know
which I would prefer to keep me from being thrown out!
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG