Re: January 21, 2003 - Europa Day

Subject: Re: January 21, 2003 - Europa Day
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:35:42
In a message dated 1/23/2003 4:04:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
europajim@juno.com writes:

>  I had to get only liability insurance last Aug. as no one was
> writing for a Mono-wheel.  Avemco did that.  Very curious as all I wanted
> was hull insurance on the ground and liability in flight.   Maybe it's
> changed now that the EAA has a new insurance company on stream.

I was turned down by the EAA company - Falcon - because I don't have enough
glider time! I went to Costello, who does the insurance for Soaring Society
of America - since this is a "glider". I will  see if they can do hull with a
huge deductible, since if the airplane receives minor damage, I am likely to
be the one to do the repair anyway.

Dave
A227
Mini U2