RE: Tailplanes

Subject: RE: Tailplanes
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:46:06
In a static situation the tailplanes are counterbalanced by the
counterbalance weight, the moments for which are transmitted through the TP
pins.Any g loading increases these loads proportionately.Any shock loads
(counterbalance weight coming up against the upper stop) have a similar
magnifying affect.

Interesting thread this! No concrete solutions yet though.

Duncan McFadyean