Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:12:24
LTS wrote:
<<<<However in our experience the 912S takes a lot more to start than a 912 (and
probably a 914).>>>>
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

For what it's worth, I am having no problems cranking my 912S with a Florida
office supplied Odyssey 16AH battery. At zero deg C, it basically fires with the
choke on the second turn of the prop. On warmer days, it fires on the first
turn.

I have the battery mounted ahead of the firewall so cables are short and the
empty weight c of g came out at 58.69 ". The low weight of the Whirlwind prop
helps to compensate for the forward battery.

Cheers, John

XS mono, 912S, A099, N262WF