Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:16:43
You overall analysis is good, Shaun, but the actual current draw will
not be the same as what the mfr says and is often high.  Transponders,
e.g., are spec'd at max reply rate of 500/sec.  On my 2 electric
gyros, xpondr, GPS map/comm, and monitor draw is less than 1/2 the 11A
you've estimated, based on actual measurement.  Thus, even the SD-8
vacuum pad alternator could be enough add'l power if one shops also
for current draw on avionics and is content with minimum goodies on
the panel.

Regards,
Fred F.