Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:42:36
Our 2.8 kg 8 amphr battery is however fine for cranking although it has only
M4 nuts to deter users from over tightening the contacts and damaging the
battery. I use the 13 amp version on my 912 and its been working very well
for almost three years.

Our batteries

Ahr       kg      L       W      H      Amp     Price      Inc VAT
51        17.5   220   121    255    1400     210.00     246.75
35        12.5   250    97     204    1100     138.00     162.15
26         9.0    250    97     152     850      130.00     152.75
16         6.1    182    77     168    480        80.00      94.00
13         4.9     176   84     130    400        80.00      94.00
14         5.0     200   77     137    550        79.00      92.83
8           2.8    138    86     101    300        70.00      82.25

cranking current = 10 minutes discharge to an end voltage of 9.8 v at
constant power discharge.

The 14 amphr is the one we now usually stock with the others available to
special order. Note the 550 amphr starting current.

Jerry

                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown