Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:41:36
Hi Graham

I don't disagree that the effect may be more beneficial on a Europa than a
172 and I would certainly try and eliminate as much drag as possible. To do
that you obviously have to address all sources of drag. However putting a
lot of effort into streamlining and increasing the frontal area of a small
fitting may bring only a small net return. One friend swears his A/C goes
2kts faster when he cleans his propeller? must try that one myself.

Jerry

PS Did you know that not only did a Banbi win the Sun N Fun air race for the
last two years (this year at 158kts average) but was also the Airventure cup
2001 Winner of Speed per cubic inch class. Average was 149 Kts over 1000nm.
Normally aspirated !

                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown