Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:17:52
Message text written by Graham Singleton
>>The Rotax 912 has a faster spinning prop than the 912S and is more likely
>benefit in cruise speed with two blades.

If you don't mind your teeth being rattled by the vibration, (imho)
<

The above e-mail reminds me that now my Europa has a permit I intend
getting the prop dynamically balanced. Although my engine/prop combination
is pretty well balanced already there is always a bit to be gained from
dynamic balancing. Any out of balance vibration is harmful to the engine
and instruments (the most individually expensive parts of the aircraft) as
well as affecting overall efficiency. I have left this job until after
getting a permit as it is much cheaper if you can fly to the company doing
the balancing rather than have them come to you. However if your prop is
badly out of balance to start with some form of balancing will be required
before the first flight.

For UK builders/owners -
So far having rung around Arrow Aviation at Exeter seem to offer the best
deal in the south but David Hunter at Kemble is considering taking on the
task and may take the plunge if he feels there are enough customers. He is
talking about a charge which is significantly cheaper than the competition
but it will depend on the level of initial investment required. If any of
you are looking now or in the near future for this service and might be
interested in using David Hunter let me know so that I can give him an idea
of demand.

Have other builders/owners in the UK had good/bad service in this area or
have any advice?

Nigel Charles