Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: DaveBuzz@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:07:06
Jerry,
  Cold air, high pressure increased volumetric efficiency. I flew yesterday,
getting
1200fpm near max auw; not bad for a 912 and fixed pitch prop set for cruise,
but purely down to a large area of High pressure sat over the UK. I wont
hear a bad word said against efficient volumetrics (!)

chus,
dave

<< I get very different results on different days. Even taking everything back
to Flight levels I still get variations. The best figures seem to be achieved
on cold days when pressure is high. Last weekend I was flying with a QNH of 1040
and my speeds were about 5kts better than normal with the same fuel flow.>>