Re: Fuel Smell

Subject: Re: Fuel Smell
From: Chris Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:38:40
It is amazing how nasty auto fuel smells compared to 100LL.  I can dribble
fuel down my wrist while preflighting the 152, and the smell goes away in a
few minutes after the fuel evaporates.  Conversely, if I dribble a bit of
fuel on my hands while filling the Lawn-Boy, my hands will stink for the
rest of the afternoon.

This fuel smell issue is critical to me, as my wife can't tolerate that
smell very well (and I really don't like it either).  If we end up with a
plane that perpetually smells like a gas station, it will very quickly be up
for sale!  The ability to run on auto gas was a key issue in making us
choose a Rotax powered A/C, and I really love the design overall.
Otherwise, I'd be building an RV-6, and burn 9 gph of 100LL and make lots of
noise.

Chris
A159