Re: fuel smell

Subject: Re: fuel smell
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:02:00

I am building a motorglider and haven't gotten to the fuel system much yet,
but I do have a twin Comanche and it has rubber fuel cells. I have had 2 of
them overhauled and they treat them with some sort of rubber coating. I am
wondering out loud if they could "treat" the outside of the filler hose in a
similar way? That way if it were to fail, it would only be on the outside and
not effect the fuel on the inside. I don't know if the fuel cell bladders
would be effected by auto gas, however.

Just a thought.

Also, I plan to use fuel lube to seal the hoses where they exit the tank to
be certain there is no leakage there.

Dave Anderson
A227
monowheel motorglider