Re: Pitch Trim ergonomics

Subject: Re: Pitch Trim ergonomics
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:05:35
>Brian, spend a few bob on the Mac control column top multi switch. I got
>the 5 way one, currently the top front switch is nose down(indicator moves
>down), rear switch nose up, left and right NIU yet, button facing forwards
>is for ptt.
>  You will have no problems with this configuration.
>dave
>g-bxum

I did, and did have a problem. Because the trim moves so far with only a
brief touch, I accidentally leaned on it a couple of times after my pre
take off checks. The second time it happened the engine lost power just
after take off and I lost control. Broke the airplane and nearly my neck.

Consequently I don't believe the top of the stick is a sensible place. Not
for me anyway. I cannot guarantee not to make mistakes, like not glancing
at the trim setting before starting to roll.

Graham