Re: MEMS

Subject: Re: MEMS
From: Grahamclk@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 11:06:08

hedley@hedleybrown.flyer.co.uk writes:

> why do I have to have a bloody great suction pump and a tonnage of whirling
> dervishes in my dashboard just to get the same information

Good question - you don't - you just look outside - Your aircraft will
shortly (if it doesn't already) have a placard "Daytime VFR only" at least in
the UK.  Why be tempted to play airline captain and take your ice-prone
aircraft into conditions for which it was not designed, heading for embedded
CuNb's etc. Emergencies ?  ha, universally pilot promoted IMHO.

And GPS-driven map-displays don't need gryros either - mind you, a couple of
anti-jamming homing missiles might be useful to stop the MoD periodically
clobbering this otherwise universally available system provided at no cost by
a generous external agency.  Awaiting the knock on the door....

G-EMIN