Re: MEMS

Subject: Re: MEMS
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:35:38
        Graham Clarke <grahamclk@aol.com>, europa@avnet.co.uk

>Isn't that pretty much what the Navaid autopilot does?  This is also done
>in the model helicopter market to help keep the models under control.
>Brian

Almost, but it doesn't give pitch information. That's the only parameter
missing using economical sensors.
I wonder if a gimbaled magnet sensing dip angle would do it? Remember the
Bohli compass. A lovely instrument that was banned in competition gliding
because it could be used as an attitude change indicator in cloud. Cloud
flying was felt to be cheating/dangerous in competition.
Graham