Re: MEMS

Subject: Re: MEMS
From: Fergkyle <ve3lvo@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:34:31
The solidstate ring "gyros" (a laser beam) on the newer versions of the INS
platforms are actually three. Two at work (for instantaneous failure of one)
and a third which watches the other two and 'tosses out' one which disagrees
more than a set standard, and replaces it, Praps one could make that ten
cheap gyros and dump the mechanism if two go doodoo - with a suitable red
led to advise of course. All digital logic, natch.
Ferg