RE: Canoes & Tops

Subject: RE: Canoes & Tops
From: Rob Housman <robh@hyperionef.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:39:51
Interesting.  My top extends aft of the "canoe" by more than 1/4 inch; maybe
you and I have been shipped half or each others kits ;-).  The molded cut
line along the aft edge of the closeout is actually aft to the end of the
canoe.

The aircraft may be a very good design with excellent aerodynamics but the
manufacturing quality is about on a par with, say, MG and Triumph and other
marques no longer seen in the US (for good reason).  As I have said before,
Europa's manufacturing QA leaves a bit to be desired, perhaps that is the
real reason that Liberty will be contracting with Scaled Technology Works to
manufacture a certificated aircraft (I personally doubt that Europa could
ever get a manufacturing certificate).

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070