Re: Canoes & Tops

Subject: Re: Canoes & Tops
From: BRYNALL@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 07:14:42
Graham put me up to this one before I got into following the book.

Definitely, set up the tailplane balance mechanism before closing the
fuselage top. Temporarily position the top
Do a splash to the top for the plywood counterbalance weight support
structure, and identify the position accurately with a couple of thro' screw
holes for later repositioning reference? When you finally glue the top and
bottom halves of the fuselage together don't forget to put some redux between
your splash and the top.

Whilst you are about it. do try to engineer as much upward movement as you
can. Again, Graham advised me to do this and I do find it useful at times
when BYSA leaps of the ground with almost too much enthusiasm.

Finally. I have to confess that I did not use one of those fuselage holding
jigs. I used the cheap way out with a stack of pallets on caster wheels. The
tailplane came out nicely square and the fuselage top fitted quite well. Just
goes to show that ignorance is bliss!

Happy Europing.......Bryan Allsop  K360. Bysa