Re: Canoes & Tops

Subject: Re: Canoes & Tops
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 11:31:00

Carl Pattinson wrote:

> Hi Miles,
>
> Just make sure all your tugging and pulling dosen't twist the fuselage out
> of alignment.

Not much chance of that with the bottom shell firmly fixed into a substantial
jig... it probably won't move if I tried....

> We ended up with a twist in the tail of about 1/2 a degree (see my last
> Europa posting).

Not a problem other than aesthetically - my Luscombe of a few years ago has a
twisted horizontal stab (about 3-4) due to a pooly aligned fuselage repair -
but flies beautifully, none the less... Wish I still had it!