Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 21:55:27

Good morning Bud,

thanks a lot for your detailed answer - very interesting read!

Strange (and good) thing is, that I don't have ANY problems when airborne. I
don't
come even near 245/118 CHT when climbing 100% 85KIAS in ISA+15 MTOM.

I'm sure now after all those valuable answers (indeed much appreciated!), that
I have to further improve the sealing of my cooling duct first and remove the
water thermostat. I can do that myself with my limited skills, without spending
a lot of money or alter the whole setup and plumbing and then see what happens.
I might be one of your best customers, if I lived in Florida :-)

I'll also try to increase the RPM on the ground and set a course pitch if need
be.

BTW: I currently - as Remi - don't seem to be able to attach photos to my posts.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914