Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 06:32:55

Heather and Jim,

good point to seal all gaps thoroughly - I'll first focus on this. I've already
installed an aluminum sheet to press more air through the radiator. Only a very
low amount of air goes through  a gap below the radiator to the 7-row (!) oil
cooler, which won't cause a lot of additional resistance. I've also noticed,
that I have a gap between the upper edge of the cooling duct and the lower
cowling
just below the spinner, which I also have to close....

I have some hope, that the Whirlwinds would also contribute to additional
cooling.
I think I'll let the Airmaster-dealer make a Quote for me.

I'll see if I can ad some photos later.

Read this topic online here: