Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 14:11:52

Hi Jim,

Do you see any performance difference between the Warp Drive & Whirlwind?

I believe that the Whirlwind blades are not from the same manufacturer as the
Whirlwind
prop that Kim Prout uses - is that correct?

Cheers,

Roger

> On 3 Aug 2016, at 13:20, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:
>

> Roland,
>
> We have noted that the Whirlwind blades cause the door in the center of the
> cowl
to lift slightly in flight which didn't occur with the Warp Drive blades.
We attribute this to more air entering the engine compartment.

> Our 914 cools properly using the factory supplied firewall forward kit.  It is
very important to seal all gaps in the cooling duct so that all air must pass
through a radiator.  We even seal between the bottom of the coolant radiator
and the top of the oil radiator with tape.