Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 13:47:49

OK Roland,
I am confounded by your ground cooling issues.  I was checking out an
Instructor pilot for N12AY at 95F and he took a full 20 minutes with a tail
wind doing ground checks then taxied for another 5 then ran up and we did in
fact hit 245F on the ground.  On takeoff it stayed at 245 and we leveled at
1000 AGL after takeoff for 2 minutes and temps dropped below 240 then we
climbed to 5000 AGL  never hitting 245 again.  On a stock setup, you should
see the same.

Some find Drop box works very well for photos rather than albums but photos
are a pain no matter what we do.  I love how instant communications burns up
so much of my day.
Regards,
Bud Yerly