Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 01:35:12

Roland, for my Europa Classic monowheel in Kenya, with 912UL, some years back I
had a radiator leak on the factory standard radiators (one side).  These had
never been very good anyway, in Kenya's hot temperatures.  The factory did not
at that time have replacements, so I made up a template for slightly larger and
slimmer radiators, for fabrication by Docking Engineering, located at
Silverstone
UK... they supply to the racing car industry.  The radiators are so efficient
that I ended up blanking off large areas just so the engine would operate
at minimum 90 degrees, even idling on the ground in Kenya's hot temperatures.
Docking still exist, their website is active, although they did not reply
when I emailed them last year about making up some spares on the original
design...
An alternative solution to your cooling problem?
Best, Richard, Kenya,,
Monowheel Classic, reg 5Y-LRY, 912UL

Read this topic online here: