Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 13:27:06

Thank you Frans. I wish I was a bit closer to you so I could have a look at your
set-up.

Personally I would be hesitant to block off airflow over the engine because in
the event of loss of coolant, the fins on the cylinders would be rendered
inoperable.
I was most grateful for this secondary cooling provided on the Rotax engine
when I blew a coolant hose some time ago. The Europa supplied hoses were
crap and I have much more confidence in Stefan's silicone hoses.

Thanks again for your much valued wisdom.

Kingsley