Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:45:51

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your explanation. I can follow your reasoning, but to me this
approach
of taking out the water thermostat sounds like fighting symptoms instead of
root cause, right?

Roland wrote:
> ... Frans's and Ilona's (BTW where are they??)...

Last thing I heard is that they are doing a sailing trip around the world, I was
told hey have been away from home for over a year now...

Roland wrote:
> ...On the other hand I remember, that Frans had a lot of head scratching due
to cooling issues despite using the Woodcomp in the beginning of the flight
testing
of PH-DIY. ..

Yes indeed, they have been changing things over quite a lot initially. I don't
remember it's current state, but at one point the original oil cooler was taken
out, and replaced with a smaller oil cooler on a dedicated NACA-inlet (not in
tandem with the water cooler), dumping the air into the cowling itself. On top
of that an oil-water heat exchanger and a cowl-flap. Built to very high
standards
and very cool looking, but most importantly: this setup worked a treat...

--------
Marcel Zwakenberg
XS TG || 912ULS || PH-SBR

Read this topic online here: