Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 03:40:47

Hello Karl,

I was envious about the design of Frans's and Ilona's (BTW where are they??)
cooling
tunnel, which can be lowered completely into the airflow. From what I've
read about the Woodcomp Prop I now suspect it's the main contributer to the
cooling
efficiency of their plane. On the other hand I remember, that Frans had
a lot of head scratching due to cooling issues despite using the Woodcomp in
the beginning of the flight testing of PH-DIY. He admired the guys in the Dimona
TTC doing airtows in hot weather all day long.

To be fair, I'm generally very satisfied with the Airmaster and Martin is great
in supporting if any problems come up. Also the controller is trouble free in
operation (I have the full feather option as well). With the Warp Drive blades
you can mowe the high grass at the airfield :-)

Airmaster also provide new Whirlwind blades, which can be used on the AP332 hub
with some modifications. But I don't know their contribution to airflow/cooling
yet, only heard that they also add some knot's to Speed.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI
XS TG 914