Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 04:01:44

Hi Peter.
Sorry but without going through those 869 pages again I can,t remember,
But to comply with everything was a nightmare, ie Course, payment, Dual
controls,
insurance, instructor, Examiner, What is states on the back of your permit
etc, about adding ratings , I gave up in the end.
Do remember at the time only two types of GPS were approved,
The kit you have to have is that required for the syllabus ,and I am pretty sure
you have to use an ADF, but that Leeds into another question, can it be a Pseudo
ADF on the GPS, as you know this will not suffer all the errors as the real
ADF, like Coastal Refraction, Wing refraction, Storms, etc, etc,
Its a real tricky subject, as I was finding with the CAA one question lead into
another and my phone bill and time were being eaten away.
Alan

Read this topic online here: