Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 10:31:21

Hi Alan

Did you notice in the 800 plus pages if you still need an ADF to fly a
GPS approach?  It certainly was the case at Staverton that you could fly
down to limits with a GPS but needed to use the ADF to go round the hold
at 3,000 feet.

Pete

On 06/09/14 10:06, Alan Carter wrote:

> Good point Peter.
> I think if you have certified aeroplanes with certified instruments and
> avionic
flying along with permit aircraft on airways without certified equipment would
make some people very unhappy, especially  having spend 10s of thousands
of pounds on there equipment, my guess it will on similar lines to what the IMC
rating allows you to do which is quite reasonable, for the average light
aircraft
pilot .
> In my chats with the CAA apparently you can do the whole coarse under the hood
without ever entering or experiencing real cloud.