Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 15:28:45

Alan,

I can't believe that you are harping on abut this again after the last episode
where you were quite definitely pointed in the right direction to read all the
relevant rules regarding training for and doing the test on a Permit to Fly
aircraft.
IT IS PERMITTED. It has been permitted relatively quite recently, I can't
remember exactly when, but a couple of years if my memory serves me correcty.

If some body new dragged up an old resolved subject it is a bit acceptable, but
when the same person drags up a subject again, just because they can't accept
the answers they got, I find this totally unacceptable.

Dave

> On 5 Sep 2014, at 14:35, "Alan Carter" <alancarteresq@onetel.net> wrote:
>

> Hi .
> A member completed his IMC rating on a Europa, I am still not sure if this
> possible,
and not going to post on it,
> However I received an 869 page document from the CAA,
> There were so many vague points it was a mine field, all I can say is the test
has to be carried out on a certified aeroplane that is fully duel controlled
and a swing over control column is not acceptable.
> It listed the required instruments and avionic, but it did not say about
> certified
instrument or avionics, it did say only two types of GPS where acceptable.
> I made several phone calls and many e-mails at the time, but still could not
get a definite answers to my question, every question lead to another factor,
so gave up in the end.