Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas
From: DAVID JOYCE <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 13:03:30
-I believe that its an LAA requirement that if you have a glass cockpit y
ou have to have a secondary altimeter?=0A=0A=0Athe other one=0ASent to you
-by David Joyce=0Awww.eastmidsspas.com- =0A-=0APLEASE NOTE WE HAVE MO
VED AND ARE NOW AT=0AThe Zycomm Building 51 Nottingham Road Ripley Derbys D
E5 3AS=0A160 Meters from Sainsbury's Island=0A-=0ASame Phone 0800 4102122
 and Direct Mobile 07973 675755=0A-=0A =0A=0A____________________________
____=0A From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>=0ATo: "europa-list@matronics.com"
 <europa-list@matronics.com> =0ASent: Saturday, 6 September 2014, 13:00=0AS
ubject: Re: Europa-List: Re: LAA/CAA IFR permission on europas=0A  =0A=0A--
non, please keep in mind that their attitude "gyro" algorithm requires vali
d airdata (and gps fallback) to prevent drift/tumbling. Every year at oshko
sh I ask if they have resolved their "edge case calculations" to remove the
 airdata requirement, and the principles of the co. squirm, go into a long
round-about explanation and finally embarrassingly admit that they have not
. I am truly surprised, as the only situation when I might rely on the atti
tude indication is when I might be in potential icing conditions....- Giv
e one a test and gently blow into the pitot and watch it tumble merrily (as
 the company's principle demonstrated to me 5 years ago).=0A=0AGrand Rapids
 proudly explain that their EFIS attitude algorithms do not require any ext
ernal data (do they likely use their magnetometer?) which therefore may be
more suitable for inadvertent ifr flight.- They claim that you can keep t
heir units in a constant std rate turn (with no airdata or gps) with no dri
ft tendency (as demonstrated in their helicopter camera aiming application)
 ...... impressive if true.=0A=0AJust figured I'd throw that out there,=0AC
heers,=0APete=0AA239=0A=0A> On Sep 6, 2014, at 4:40 AM, Pete Lawless <pete@
ss <pete@lawless.info>=0A> =0A> Hi=0A> =0A> Anybody know what we are hoping
 to get out of this.- Will you be able to fly a Europa IFR in Class A as
per a fully certified aeroplane?=0A> =0A> Pete=0A> =0A>> On 06/09/14 06:57,
s" <spcialeffects@aol.com>=0A>> =0A>> Hi Brian. Well I for one can't wait f
or your technical letter out lining what is acceptable or required as I am
putting off buying my panel at the moment so that I can build a fully accep
ted IFR fit panel. I am buying dynon throught out as I consider it value fo
r money.=0A>> =0A>> =0A>> =0A>> =0A>> Read this topic online here:=0A>> =0A