RE: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider wings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider wings
From: Ian Cook <iancook1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 09:00:27

I loaned my A/C to the Europa factory to do the modification and obtain the
first UK Permit to Fly just as the wing spar broke during structural
testing, it was therefore the first completed UK example post the wing
strengthen Modification. Europa were jointly in charge of developing the
Flight Test Programme, as agreed with the LAA.  That is why I do not have
the full background to all of the engineering changes.  I am just trying to
drive the completion of the modification programme through to get the Permit
to Fly and then hopefully to obtain the increase in all up mass.  All this
started way back in September 2009. So it has been a real game of patients!

Ian
G-CBHI